#5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-15, 14:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/175/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva

To add one more thing... this all came much later in my journey - after I was very well established with my new WOE. Rule number 1 for me as I got started was to stick with on-plan foods no matter what. 100% OP food - even if it meant eating too much food in a given day and even if it meant snacking at any time of the day or night. Doing this 100% on plan food thing got me past the food boredom period that I always got on a low carb diet. Once I was past that - the pull to eat the carby junk diminished greatly and I started enjoying what I was eating more and more. When my LC foods started to become my new favorite foods, that is when I finally felt that I had the upper hand with my eating. I'd say this took me about 6 months to accomplish. When I was finally free from the constant pull of those addictive carbs, it became possible for me to work on the bad habits (like too much snacking) that were slowing down my rate of weight loss.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep that is how it has been for me as well! It took me around 9 months to get to much the same place as khrussva. I plan delicious meals and look forward to being hungry because then I truly enjoy and appreciate them. I do have a snack between meals usually a small piece of cheese or other fatty delight. I used to hate the "try a glass of water" theory. However if I have had my snack, and know I've had a good lunch and will be having a good dinner then 100% that feeling of hunger is either habit or thirst. The habit part I am slowly acknowledging and accepting, that is what it is, habit. The thirst, well it probably is thirst so now I have that darned glass of water and it works. I try to remember I am very well fed and really don't need another thing. Of course the most important part of this-NOT to eat the carby foods that increase hunger and desire for sweet treats.