#4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-15, 05:25

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrufrock
Is anyone here recovering from an eating disorder?

I had a binge/starve cycle in my late teens. I got a grip on the emotional parts, but was still tormented by massive hunger after meals that I could not figure out. Low carb took care of that when I started eating real food instead of just carbs.

Quote:
Has LC helped you manage more than just your weight, like self-image?

It's been great. I love losing the excess weight, the sense of energy, and the happy moods. Equally big is the whole not-being-tormented-by-crazed-hunger when I wasn't being tormented by nagging-food-thoughts. The ability to eat a normal sized meal and walk away for HOURS still thrills me.

This works great for self-image, too. I'm not weak-willed; it takes a lot of strength to put up with near starvation for months on end! Especially when I don't get good results back

Quote:
How do you keep the focus on health rather than appearance?

It's a boundary issue. Why should I let other people, who are not living my life and are not responsible for the results of my choices, dictate how I should live and feel? This is a really good time to consider the source. And how informed they are.

If they were right, if we had this in our control, they could nudge and even shame and have a bit of justification for it. But it wasn't. Almost everyone on this forum has a different kind of metabolism, one that reacts very strongly to carbohydrates by turning them to FAT. It's a medical issue no one knew how to treat!

And now I'm treating it. So everyone else can just shut their face.