View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 11:43

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 241/159/145 Female 66 inches
BF:?
Progress: 85%
Default Carmen's Log

I've been doing sporadic exercise, but decided that today I'm going to begin a formal log - hope it will motivate me to be more faithful.

Got a new exercise machine (the Gazelle), and hope it will give me motivation and variety. I have an exercise room downstairs with a treadmill, weights, an exercise bike, etc. Also have aerobic tapes, Tae-Bo tapes, and an exercise ball with tapes. Problem is that the t.v. from the exercise room is up north in the camper right now (it'll come home with me this weekend). So, it's too boring! Just staring at the blank wall while walking on the treadmill wasn't much fun. And, the weather's been so strange this summer, that outside wasn't an option a lot of the time. So, I bought the 'Gazelle' because it folds up and I could put it in my bedroom, then bring it out into the living room in the a.m. Directions said 15 min. every other day for beginners. I started today, but if I'm not sore tomorrow, I think I'll go for at least 5 days a week for 1 week, then increase to 20 min. a day next week. Maybe add 5 min. a day until I get to 30 min. Also, with the t.v. back downstairs, I'll rearrange that exercise room, add the Gazelle, and I can rotate between the treadmill and the Gazelle. A lot of variety should help.

Son also started football - has practice for 90 min. from 5:00 to 6:30, 4 days a week. So, I'm keeping my walking shoes in the car and I can go for a walk while I'm waiting for him to get done. That's the plan anyway.

So, here's the actual: So far today, 15 min. on the Gazelle and plan to walk for 30 min. after work (while son's at football practice).
Sponsored Links