View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-16, 16:23

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

I didn't mean to overlook the thyroid issue. This is an adjustment you'll have to work out with your doc, hopefully someone who listens to you. The right thyroid dosage has as much if not more to do with how you feel than what the numbers show.

My (new) doc has been bringing down my previous dosage incrementally for almost two years now. My tests kept showing hyperthyroid and he was worried about my heart. I was worried about my weight. As of now, my numbers are just barely into the "normal" range, and I plan to stick with my present dosage for a while. This is half what I was taking two years ago.

Weight loss is extremely slow--but I'm old (almost 70) and some of this fat has been with me for a very long time. I am very close to what I'd consider a healthy weight, and my energy, mood, and all other good health measures are fine.

Take what you want from my story. But remember you can't go by averages and anecdotes. You are your own best experiment, and hopefully your doc will help you get the information you need.

Best wishes!