View Single Post
  #145   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-13, 07:03

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

It's probably best to go to the Atkins website atkins.com and look at the carb counts in foods so you get an idea what is low carb and what is not. You can eat all you want of meat, fish, poultry, dairy. coffee/tea with cream till you're satisfied. No counting or portions. Snacking always allowed with the above items. Most vegetables are low carb with the exception of potatoes, and winter squash. Some people eat all vegetables and lose. There are no grains allowed. Not even corn. You also might want to limit beans. You basically have to do trial and error. If you aren't losing then start eliminating the high carb vegetables. .. and of course there is no sugar allowed on low carb. I used Truvia. I also allow myself one fruit a day, and no juice, like 1/2 grapefruit and berries or some apple. This week I'm trying 2 fruits a day to see if I can still lose. And I believe wheat is a BIG culprit in people becoming obese. I agree with Dr. Davis. Many people lost a hundred lbs just by giving up wheat and grains. Some just by giving up wheat.