View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-17, 13:24

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Grave, Thank you so much for posting your inspirational story. All of the details of what happened to you along the way, immediately ring so true with me. Almost like Deja Vu.

When Ken posted this, I thought to myself, that's exactly what happened to my children and I at school age, so I can definitely say that I absolutely can relate to your journey Grave as I imagine many of us can..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Your story revived some long forgotten memories of torment from my early days in school. P.E. was embarrassment & torcher when it included things I could not do.

I think the worse P.E. embarrassment was the big hanging rope in the gymnasium and being told to climb to the top which was about 30 feet up. I remember being weighed at that time too, in front of everyone.

My children were all average weight until they started school and began eating the high carb lunches. Then the fat shaming started as if it were somehow all our fault. I'm sure your parents were fat shamed as to why their child was overweight but we (parents) were being "force fed" a load of false information with an upside down food pyramid of high carbs and low-fat.

Myself, you made me remember the fat kids club that our pediatrician started, where we would come into the office once a week and be drilled on what scheduled exercises we had done that week and it was all logged as we took turns performing them for the nurse. I now recall that we were to start our dieting with one week of low-carb and then had to shift to low fat because low-carb was "dangerous" on a long term basis. Wow!

Thank you for your story Grave and Congratulations to you on your success in finding the truth on what made you and all of us fat and how to cure it for life.