Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/Kiss
Stats: 160/120/110
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Day 3:

Day 3:
Still no cravings for a cigarette. There is definitely a physical dependency. In my case it wasn't lack of motivation, I had to examine my addiction and find a way to cure the physical addiction, deal with the physical withdrawal symptoms. With each failure at quitting I learn more about my addiction. Failure was beneficial.
I sat down, had a mental flash "no ashtray", then I remembered I don't smoke any more. That's the kind of reminders of smoking I'm getting, no physical cravings.
Smoker's cough has started loosening up. Still feel the nicotine in my body. Feeling good, and impatient for my lungs to function better. I must try for a way of speeding this up.
For any one interested weight wise day 2, I was 1/2lb down, today, 2lbs up I'm not worried at all, since it's water retention and constipation. Constipation was another side effect I noticed in my previous attempts to quit.
I think I've got the calcium-water intake under control. Taking 4000mg for a few days. There is still nicotine in my bloodstream, I think a few days still, before it is gone.
So far I've never ever had the thought to light up a cigarette, let alone reach out for them. I'm noticing other smokers when I go out, I feel sorry for them, standing outside in the cold smoking. I've cleaned and cleaned, laundered, etc, I still smell it inside. Opened all the windows, turned on the a/c, fans, I still smell smoke, it irks me.... grrrrrrrrrr! I was wearing a coat and hat inside!

PS: I forgot, I had a cigarette craving last night. It was food induced. Haven't had any cream/milk/cheese/butter products in 5-6 days. Last night I had 3 tablespoons cream with my jello. Got the urge to "taste" a cigarette. All the cream went into the garbage disposal! Not down my throat, and NOT in my house . I don't need cream