Thread: Buddy Club
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%

Cinner, just noticed you are from Ottawa, I lived for 10 years in Ottawa, my sister and parents live there still.

As for foods for hubby. There are small tins of tuna which have flavoring added. Also small pouches you can add on to a salad.

I make up extra chicken and have it cooked ready to slice for lunch with a salad and add veggies to it. As Bu says, broccoli. Now I have never been a fan of veggies so this is as much a challenge for me as cutting out the carbs, but I am learning!!!

I checked out the recipe section in this forum and there are a whole bunch of ideas for quickie breakfasts and lunches too. I have a recipe for something called muffins which have both eggs and sausage in them. You pre-make a doz of these and heat them up in the microwave. They might work for a lunch too. Haven't tried it yet. Will make it tomorrow and I'll tell you how it was.

We are all so new to this, maybe in the next week or so we can share some experiences with what we try and how it works out. I also want to try making the low carb bread and muffins. Not ready to add those in yet though. Want to stay on induction for 3 or 4 weeks if I can. Only one week done.