View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Oct-31-09, 16:07
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

My D3 arrived today, wow that was fast. I took 2 - 5000 iu capsules. The Magnesium was already shipped, should be here soon.

I'm planning on doing a lot of research about this and talking to our pediatrician but wanted to get some input here. How do you all feel about giving vitamin d3 to kids. I have a 9 & 13 yr old. The 13 yr old is a big guy, he's almost 6' and weighs almost 200 lbs. He's involved in sports but is taking this yr off from football. They aren't getting a lot of sun right now. They play outside everyday but they been covered up pretty well. My 9 yr old has a hard time concentrating and has mood swings but is a healthy boy.
This article was intersting. I also wonder if they too would need extra magnesium because of what is said here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
You have a doctor who knows what she is doing.
Increasing vitamin D status significantly increases absorption of calcium so you now have more calcium than before.
calcium tenses muscle fibers
calcium excites brain neurones
So more calcium on it's own means possibly muscle cramps feeling mentally tense.
Magnesium relaxes muscle fibres
Magnesium calms the brain neurones.
Most people 68% of USA are magnesium deficient so benefit from extra magnesium. When you didn't have sufficient calcium it didn't make your muscles tighten or your brain feel tense, but improving calcium status reveals or points out the magnesium deficiency state.

http://children.webmd.com/news/2008...-more-vitamin-d