View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 07:10
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 250/245/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I know a lady who got very sick, she gained a lot of weight and hurt so badly she could barely walk. Her regular MD wasn't much help so she went to a naturopath. He recommended the diet in The Great Candida Guidebook. She followed it religiously and slowly lost all of her excess weight, got her energy back and felt great. She stuck with the diet for about a year after that and then she began to incorporate some of the foods she'd previously given up. Very shortly after that she noticed that some of her symptoms were coming back. She felt tired and her body ached, she quickly gained weight and walking became increasingly difficult. She was very upset that her candida symptoms returned so quickly but she finally accepted that candida is a lifelong condition that has to be managed rather then something that can be cured completely. I suffer from many of the same symptoms that my friend had and I do notice that many of my symptoms worsen when I stray from a low carb diet. Good luck getting control of your candida LAF3. Stick with the diet, its the only thing that will give you lasting results.