Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #946   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 20:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Been out a few days due to the fact that they moved up my deadline on a few work projects, and even though I'd been working along on it, I really had to scram to get it ready to present yesterday. This effort kind of did me in, as my work mojo isn't what it was, but I got it done.

Have read back on what I've missed and just going to do personals on what caught my eye, too much to answer to fully when you miss just 2 days on this very alive, very hopping thread!

Trig---Wowza, $450 a month in health insurance for the three of you w/just a $1500 deductible?!?! Amazing. Know you're smart enough to have read the fine print. Assuming that, what a deal! Haven't heard of anything like it, even thru employer insurance. So happy for you that this adds to your word "freedom." And REALLY happy as it seems it will free the pork chop up from his physically demanding job.

Thanx so much for the reminder on Alfredo Sauce. I forget that one, and love it over shrimp.

Jaz---That paper you described sounded so challenging to me. Not sure I'd know where to begin, but you got right in there and did it, and from what I know, made wise choices. BRAVO for you. You like to write, and I think this sort of writing will add up to more in the end than any blog you've dreamed of starting---not that that can't be done too at some point.

And yes, I watched the Golden Globes, and it was inspiring. Oprah was amazing.

You do have Amazon channel, right? You have GOT to watch the Marvelous Mrs Maizel, which won many awards from the GG. Eager for you to watch it, as we'll have fun talking about it, as well as I look forward to that w/anyone here who watches it. So good.

Nic---My condolences on the teenager! My theory is that they are so busy trying to grow up and out, and find their own way, that it renders them yes, VERY self oriented. Also, they have just enough wind under their wings to think they know everything. The arrogance of teenagers is gob smacking! Good news is, once life takes over w/out parental guidance, parameters and support every minute of the day, they learn MUCH FASTER. One thing I came to realize was that at a point, we'd taught my son everything we could, time for life to take over. And it has, with good results.

HUGE CONGRATS on 5 pounds down. Yeah, those may be the easier pounds but they're also the most important pounds in many ways---A GOOD START. Curious about how you think LC interacts w/your hormones? Can you say a bit more about that?

Lori---Going to say something in opposition of what some here have said, in terms of a possible move up to MGR---although I think that's a very real possibility if you want it. But IMO, being a "MGR" in retail is for younger folks looking to grow their resume and move on to better positions. Otherwise, being a MGR in retail is a lot of headache for not much reward, IMO. Glad you got your "certification" but fear that might mean they'll simply ask you to close more, later hours, which might be fine w/you.

However, just remember, they need you more than you need them. Make it be what you want it to be. Use the fact that you are dependable, smart and a good learner, and get what YOU want out of it. I think you'll find them receptive, as they really DO NOT encounter all that many people like you. Hat tip to we seniors, and all the experience and responsibility to our jobs we bring right along with us. Too bad too many companies do not want to recognize this.

K-mom---I had to smile at your kind entreaty to not be judgmental of those in the south who go bat crap cray cray over an inch or two of snow, or a temp they're not used to, or any weather forecast that doesn't look like they think it should. You are a good heart. Me in this regard, not so much, LOL.

I think it's knee jerk reactions to small threats, and old habits. There are so many REAL natural disasters to worry about these days, but 2 inches of snow, Imo, should not stop the clock in schools and business. I think climate change is real, and everyone needs to expect the unexpected, and learn how to deal with it in the most efficient way, which is not calling off or delaying the world at the slightest weather threat. Forgive me, but couldn't help that rant.

Totally get you when you say without any accountability, your water would be down. Mine too, which is why I remain in the water hound challenge. And boy, it sure is a challenge for me.

Monday water, 3/3. Tuesday water, 3/3. Wednesday water 3/3. Holding steady at the bottom of requirements but w/out being a water hound, I think I would do worse. Again I always note, my one glass is 12 ounces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think I've pooped myself out w/my comments. Except to say, I made it 7 days on excellent plan, until last night, when we were invited to dinner by a good couple pal of ours. It was fab black bean soup and bread. I had some bread. I had...too much bread. But at least it was what would be my one treat night out of 6, although I had hoped to make it for 2 weeks w/out a treat night.

Didn't. But, hadn't had even 1 carb before dinner last night, and back on plan today. And the beat goes on. Still feeling very good for my efforts, and the bread didn't bloat me out today. Hopefully I'm back on for another week. Perhaps 2 perfect weeks is too much to ask right now. So I'll go back to my 6 days on, 1 day off plan.

I don't really care what the scale says anymore, big metamorphosis for me. I care how my clothes feel, and how I feel. And for now, I don't feel the need to lose pounds, so much as I feel the need not to gain them, and to feel good and clear. My LC goals are changing.

Still, waiting for my word. Still thinking about it.
Sponsored Links