View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 13:28

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Hi Laurie

I imagine that you have been reading in the CAD/CALP forum, to get an idea of what this program is all about.

A lot of people do worry about going out of control with the RM when they switch over. And yet, the RM is exactly why they want to switch in the first place. Some report feeling like a kid in a candy store for the first bit, but that soon dies off. Once you accept that you can have your favourite treats at your reward meal, every single day.. you stop feeling like you have to have them all TODAY. I used to agonize over which dessert I would have, now I barely think about it.. only long enough to plan something.

If you strive for balance at the RM, it is hard to go out of control. After all, if you want more of the high carb foods, you first have to have more of the protein and veggies. Well, a stomach can only take in so much food in an hour, so you should be ok. And sticking to that hour is crucial!

I love CAD. For me it is the perfect WOE. I am losing weight steadily, I get to enjoy my favourite foods along with my family and I have NO cravings to overeat, for the first time in my life.

JMHO
Tracy