Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 00:58
Registered Member

Plan: carnivore/vlc
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
I do a mix. Last month I got about 20 pounds of grass-fed chuck roast because it was on sale. It's really good in the crock pot. I've slowly grown to prefer grass-fed hamburger, although I usually eat it with homemade mayonnaise to increase the fat.

I have a nagging feeling that poultry gives me diarrhea. I don't want to confront the possibility because my chicken-fat mayonnaise is the best I've ever made. But I wonder if the main problem is that wheat is included in most "higher-quality" poultry feed. In theory, I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but it might explain why pastured poultry makes me feel even worse.

Yeah, I'm concerned about it, but I'm not sure how much difference it makes. I've tried a couple fish oil supplements, but all they seem to do is upset my stomach, so all I take now is Vitamin D.

I've had ongoing issues for years, even though I've been GF and low-carbing for 4 years, and never went above Atkins induction levels. The worst is stomach gas - I have bouts of burping every day and often get mild cramps from the gas. I seem to get glutened every month or two from the tiniest possible exposure. It's easy to focus on these little things, but I have to remind myself of all the big improvements I've experienced too. Even though they're mostly a matter of degree, they are significant.

Is it possible you get the stomach gas from the sauerkraut?

Have you ever tried to do zc with no plant foods at all for an extended period of time?

Sometimes when we burp we get a certain taste, last eaten food, in our mouth. Have you been able to pin point the burps to a taste?

Sorry if it sounds gross