#15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 05:55
Registered Member

Plan: protein power - modified by self
Stats: 218.5/218.5/137.5 Female 66 inches
BF:41.1
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Thanks Angela-I needed that!

I am SO SO Glad I found this post this morning!!!
My name is Jennifer and I am NEW to LC, NEW to this site, and NEW to Hypothyroidism, synthroid, you name it. I've been on Synthroid (50mcg) since 2/15.

I did some reading, and decided that LC was a way for me to help myself with the weight that I absolutely have not been able to lose, as well as help myself feel better! So, It has been about three or so weeks for me. My first week...I 'whooshed' 15 (yes thats right...15) pounds. You cannot imagine how excited I was. So I kept going and going...charting virtually EVERYTHING I put in my mouth on fitday.com; walking a minimum of 1/2 hour 3-4 times per week, etc. I weigh everyday, and post it to fitday once a week. It lets me run reports. Today I stepped of the scale in tears....frustrated....wondering what am I doing all of this for....because over the last week, my scale has gone UP 5 lbs. I was very upset. I looked at my reports...thought maybe my calorie count was up...but i am only averaging 850 calories a day! 92g protein, 26g carbs, etc. I'm not starving myself...I just get full, so I stop eating. So I am thinking...how can this be happening???

So THEN I came here (thank goodness for this site)...read about Angela's chart....and felt more at ease. I feel like I am in this major battle with my own body...and I want to win! I don't necessarily want a whoosh....I just would like to see steady progress. For me, that is reward in and of itself...

Any other words of wisdom or advice are GREATLY appreciated. I do not want to get frustrated and STOP. I want this to work.

Thanks.