Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 21:26
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
Umm...most of the stuff that you see in the butcher's counter wasn't around back then, either.
Yah... well I think you know what I was getting at...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
Here is an article that talks about the discovery of 90,000+ plant remains uncovered from an upper paleo site in Israel.
And from this article:
Quote:
the transition to farming in southwest Asia entailed a period during which foragers broadened their resource base to encompass a wide array of foods that were previously ignored in an attempt to overcome food shortages. Although these resources undoubtedly included plants, nearly all BSR hypothesis-inspired research has focused on animals because of a dearth of Upper Paleolithic archaeobotanical assemblages. Now, however, a collection of >90,000 plant remains, recently recovered from the Stone Age site Ohalo II (23,000 B.P.), Israel, offers insights into the plant foods of the late Upper Paleolithic. The staple foods of this assemblage were wild grasses, pushing back the dietary shift to grains some 10,000 years earlier than previously recognized.
Sounds like the HG period that led to the Ag period of human history. I think you know very well that I was referring to what people ate BEFORE this time. AND... Israel is a LONG way south of where my ancestors come from! So, it has been MUCH sooner since these foods were introduced into my genetic adaptation... these foods that were (now repeat after me) previously ignored!!!