View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 18:18

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Pork Rinds

OK you guys - I'm gonna say this once and once only -- I've said it before but I'll say it again - only 'cos it's you Roz.

I bought Pork Krackles made by Gold Medal Snack Foods (02) 9725-4855 - they'll tell you where you can get them in Brisbane or Melbourtne - they are available!! I got some there last month Roz. And definitely available in Melbourne too Joypod. These ones are 0 yes zero carbs - can't be all bad!

A few thoughts:

1) Watch out for the Asian Grocer ones - many have high sugar content!!

2) I have recipe for make your own - I bellieve BiLo sells the pork skin pretty cheap.

3) My local shopping centre sells real pork crackling at one of the chicken places - already cooked - YUMMO

4) I hate the Pork Krackles by themselves (I gag onthem and get indigestion) but to use as a dip, or as a base for nachos, or in meatloaf, or a a breading coating or for that real fake pizza base they are great - YUMMO!

Do it yourself recipe from good old Women's Weekly

Crunchy pork crackling
To make crunchy pork crackling, cook the rind separately from the meat. Cut the rind from the meat with a small, sharp knife and place it in a shallow baking dish; brush rind with one tablespoon of vegetable oil and rub with one tablespoon of coarse cooking salt. Bake, uncovered, in a very hot oven for about 40 minutes or until rind browns and crackles. Drain on absorbent paper.

Gook luck let me know how your search goes.

UP THE BLUES

Couldn't help that one Roz.

BFN