View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 11:10

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 165/152/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Jen, I don't think you are crazy because you sound alot like me, (although these problems can definitely drive you crazy). Your problem is definitely hormonal. I'm not sure why doctors will say your problem is "stress" and then not connect that to the effects of stress on your endocrine system. Your hypotension makes me question the function of your adrenals. Adrenal fatique and thyroid problems often go together, an imbalance in one throws out the other. Your allergies and asthma also would lead me to thinking you need to take a serious look at your adrenals. I assume from your low blood pressure that dizziness is also a problem? How about other things such as hypoglycemia, digestive problems, headaches and pms. Not everyone has every symptom, but these are common. I don't have allergies, but allergies and asthma are very common with adrenal fatique. If you go to the Schwarzbein board and look at the sticky which describes her program, you could scroll down and find some adrenal questionaires. There is a survey in there that lists symptoms for adrenals, hypothyroid, or a mix of hypothyroid and low adrenals. I fall into the mixed catagory. As for your constipation, numbness, moodiness, anemia, strange body temperature problems, tension, etc, you're not alone, I've had all those things too.

By the way, when I talk about adrenal fatique, I don't mean Addison's disease. Unfortunately, your doctor only considers Addison's with adrenals, so if you mention them, you'd probably just be sent home with a pat on the head and more Prozac.

Jen in Canada