View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 12:55

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Please tell me I'm not nuts

I'm looking for some direction here - does anyone have some experience with a normal TSH (on the extreme low end), low FT3 and a normal FT4. I've been putting on weight since the fall despite regular exercise and some degree of dieting. My doctor said if my TSH is normal then I don't have a thyroid problem - I have other hormone problems (PCOS), but these newer symptoms are getting worse/changing. Hypotension, anemia, night sweats, some type of hot flash during the day when under stress, consitipation, fingers falling asleep, unexplained fatigue - daily, and major major mood swings, very tense and on edge. I can sleep 12 hours at night and take a 2 hour nap anytime. I've been told it's depression since I'm living in a foreign country, but honestly, it's almost 8 years here in Austria, I know the language and we actually really like it here. As I've adjusted, have friends, a great marraige and healthy kids, and my symptoms have only worsened. I also had a real bad phase of allergies - had never had them before, and let me say, hives everyday, asthma, the running nose, itching eyes etc. - that lasted over a year, 5 doctors and 24 prescriptions later with no named cause except stress (2 years ago); now better. I tried to see if it was hormone related and my doctor again said - just stress. This is just not normal - on prozac I feel emotionally better, but the physical symptoms don't change. I sought out a different doctor and will have a TRH test this week - what else should I pursue - could this be a secondary hypothyroid problem - a pituitary problem?? I'd appreciate any answers

Jen in Austria
Sponsored Links