View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 20:21

Plan: post-Pregnancy LC
Stats: 287/283.6/180 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default My Story - the short version

I lost nothing the first 4 months I low carbed. I was on Atkins, weighed all my food, kept calorie counts, exercised = nada, nothing, zip, zero - didn't lose a single pound. For 4! Whole! Months! I weighed every day, too, to get a weekly average.

Anyway, after a year of Atkins I got tired of being obsessed with counting everything, tired of being obsessed with what I ate, tired of being obsessed with being obsessed, even though I had lost some weight and was feeling great. I was sleeping better, feeling far perkier, had a lot more stamina, etc. So I switched to modified Paleo.

Paleo was (and is, though I'm not currently doing Paleo) perfect for me. I could eat without worrying about how much or counting carbs, I could go out to dinner and eat freely without worrying whether or not a spoonful of corn was allowed or not, it was fab.

Four years later, before I deliberately left lc'ing (I chose wine and cake over losing my sanity)(I'm not kidding), I discovered I'd lost about 60lbss. Most of the time I was in one stall or another, and nothing I tried really shifted anything significantly, I'd just go back to my weight loss crawl. I have PCOS , so that's where I lay the blame. Oh, and genes, too, natch.

Then we moved countries and I rediscovered bread from the amazing bakery in town. With the help of Science, and after nearly 9 years, I got pregnant and had my son. And was doing fine until poverty hit, wherein I remembered how cheap wheat, my nemesis, is. Cue pasta, mac and cheese, and pizza for dinner. 20lbs later and I'm back on the lc tip.

And that's my story,

M
Sponsored Links