#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-11-16, 06:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 216/211/170 Male 5' 11''
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Keto wk 4 dizziness and lightheaded can't drive

hi all, i started keto October 10 and yesterday was my 4 wk time point. I am happy that I lost 10 lbs and felt great throughout. I had occasional slips nothing serious but got back on track.

I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy yesterday and it got worse by the evening. I left work and walking was an ordeal and I felt like I had tunnel vision. I got in the car to drive home and it was not pleasant I should not have driven and had to pull over twice hoping it would go away.

In the end when I felt I was going to black out I called a friend who is a doctor and she said it could be hypoglycemia. I was right next to a pizza joint and the rest is history. I binged ate a whole large pizza and felt good enough to drive home. Woke up this morning and weighed 2 lbs more than last week but it could be more than 2 lb because I hadn't weighed myself in a week.

I have learned that keto stix and numbers on the scale are just mere psychological aids and what matters is how I feel. So not worried about anything right now but the dizziness and fainting episode. A few websites say it's dehydration or low salt. Some say it's normal and some others say keto is not for you. Any thoughts suggestions ? Since I was feeling dizzy almost all day I think I was cautious while driving but if it were a sudden onset I am not sure what would have happened. Is losing a few lbs worth risking my life?

What can I do to prevent future episodes? Btw back on track with keto today. I have another 20 to lose.
Sponsored Links