View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-16-18, 21:12

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I'll take a shot from the arm chair here...

Fat adapted would me that your body is able, with out much trouble, use fat as it's main source for fuel. It will also happily use sucrose if you ingest it but rather quickly be able to use fat again if no sugar is available. I think there might be some biologic change that happens over a period of time, perhaps mitochondria change. I don't really know for sure and don't pretend too

A sign of being fat adapted would be the ability to go for extended periods of time with out eating (as long as your body has some fat on it that it can use to support your metabolism) and do this without discomfort or low blood sugar

Ketosis simply means that fat (ingested or your personal store) is being metabolized at some rate - the "level" of ketosis varies. The by products of fat metabolism show up in the breath, blood and urine (ketones for lack of the proper word)

You can be making ketones without being fat adapted, you probably do this every night as you fast in your sleep.

A metabolism that is "fat adapted" perhaps more readily can make ketones in the absence of sugar or if you like glucose.

So there's my uneducated ramble. Mostly this comes from reading the party line around here delusional or not, Probably half delusional and mythic.

These are stories we tell to make us feel better about ourselves and to try to explain and label things that we have very little understanding of.

#ImFatAdapted
#KickedOutOfKetoisis

You can probably find a thousand other takes on the mater here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Fat...chrome&ie=UTF-8