Old Fri, Jun-01-18, 03:40
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisysun
1) Salt is not listed as an allowed spice on Atkins, however read somewhere that a little salt is needed for your body.

2) Dextrose is in so many foods, also not allowed on Atkins. Are any of you eating food with Dextrose? Was at the grocery store to buy lunch meat, every brand has Dextrose in the ingredients. Want to make some cream cheese inside lunch meat for a snack. What brand does not have dextrose?

3) Mayonnaise with out added sugar is hard to find other than organic. Guess I should make my own.

I had a few slip ups last week and did not lose weight the 2nd week of induction. Lost 1 pound so far this week.

Last week I ate spicy pork rinds...they have added sugar. Was using garlic and pepper seasoning...also has added sugar and Mayo. I put my reading glasses on and actually read a few labels, LOL.

Live and learn.

It's very frustrating that they add sugar to everything, and try to hide it by calling it many different things, but if it's any consolation, the amount of sugar they add to Hellman's mayo is small, less than 1g per tbsp.

Also, it's been a long time since I read the Atkin's book, but I don't recall him talking too much about salt. Maybe he didn't want people to be retaining water weight. Your body does need some sodium, but if you're eating any kind of cheese or processed meat (cold cuts, salami etc.), or anything that comes in a can, you will be getting way, way more sodium than the minimum requirements. It's almost impossible not to get enough sodium in your diet if you aren't outright water fasting. I've replaced my salt shaker with No Salt (Potassium Chloride) just to try and balance out the sodium I'm getting built-in to all my other foods.