View Single Post
  #985   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 08:23

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

1) Daily meditation practicing a technique called the 6 "R's" - It sounds practical and interesting. For explanation go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFZO2e799w

2) Read and begin working on "Big Six" progressive bodyweight strength exercises from "Convict Conditioning". Work the exercises in suggested order.

I have not been getting my daily sittings in but have been constantly exposing myself to dhamma talks. It does take both learning and practice tho, infact, I think practice is more important of the two so here I am getting ready to sit for a bit.

Squats - OOHHH, found very practical application this weekend, one that I hope will be beneficial to my paddling and eventually foiling. At this lighter weight that I'm at I'm re-exploring my two paddleboards and where the critical zones are on them.

So basically it's like this, find a spot on the board in back, feet shoulder width apart in surf stance on the center line when you will sink the board with weight on both feet evenly if you stop forward motion. You can even go back further than that but not for now.

so with full front foot pressure you can bring the board back under control (rails in the water) - the practice is to shift the hips fore and aft over the feet going from unstable nose out of the water (this is good for turning the board quicklly) to full front foot pressure that get's things back under control. Recovering control doesn't happen imdeiately but slowly. You just have to trust that full weight is what you need.

the take away is that full foot pressure is basically squating sidways on your front foot very deep and back foot rolls onto it's side. Then you do the same with your other side. Quite the thigh and balance work out.

On a short board it would look something like this...