View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 20:54

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm just putting this out there to share with others who were in the same boat as me. As I said in the other thread, I am not menopausal (or even peri, apparently) but back in June, I had a Mirena IUD inserted to help combat ridiculous periods. (getting heavier, longer *and* closer together! yikes!!) I went to the doc to see about a hysterectomy but this is what they have all recommended for me. I can't say having this IUD has been a walk in the park but all in all, things are certainly settling down. At least, my periods have pretty much been MIA for the last little while, and even if they haven't totally gone, they are light and about 2 days now ( they might even disappear altogether!)
I'd recommend any woman talk to their doctor about it. Definitely been a bonus for me. Hopefully after the 5 year time limit is up, I *will* be in menopause and the darn thing will be gone gone gone!! Just thought I'd share so other women having this problem know there are options out there.

For those who talk about Dryness, and lack of sex drive etc. I would recommend that they discuss this with their doctor as there are options to help with these symptons. (or, seek help from someone well versed in herbs etc, I know there are things out there to help with these problems)

Nancy, sorry I hi-jacked your thread and I didn't even have any thing of value to contribute, as I have not been through menopause yet!