View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 09:24

Plan: Atkins as a loose guide
Stats: 237/149/135 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default Thanks!

I agree that Dodger's comment was tongue-in-cheek (is tongue low carb? ). I also appreciate Judy's in-depth and helpful explanation of the SB plan (I've read some of her other threads).

I am on Atkins and have been stalled for seven months. I am still happy with Atkins, however, because losing slowly beats gaining at any speed!!!! I did come over here just to check out the SB plan (I've read the books for both plans and am very familiar with the concepts). Because of the stall, I thought I might want to try SB since both plans are solid and DO work.

I agree, however, that you have to decide which plan is right for YOU. While I don't mind counting carbs, for me personally, I don't want to have to count fat. I loathe low-fat food and I know that the lower-fat aspect of SB is the one factor that would derail any success I may have - after all, it's something I want to be able to live with as a lifestyle. Even with the stall on Atkins, I am still maintaining, and I'm not discouraged - I eat what I love, which is higher fat low carb. I've never had a sweet tooth, so kicking the sweets was easy: it's the fat I love!!!! However, I know several people who don't like high-fat and have had FANTASTIC success on SB!!!! YMMV.

So, in my long-winded, rambling way, I am just supporting the fact that BOTH plans work, but since both plans are NOT diets but (hopefully) WOL's, you need to read both books and decide on a personal level which plan YOU are most likely to stick to. Good luck to all!