View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 03:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

Hi guys....
Ok, I haven't been here in a while but I came on just to tell you about the worst thing I've had in my whole life and got distracted by the recipe page for about 3 hours. Anyways ...It's that Keto instant oatmeal. BLECH!!! I opened a packet, mouth watering thinking "Oh boy, I can eat oatmeal now instead of flaxseed meal all the time." I was grossed out immediately, started looking around to see which of my four kids had barfed . REALLY! I'm not kidding!!! Not seeing anything, I proceeded to pour the hot water in. Then the smell got worse and I realized that it was coming from the bowl of oatmeal. I immedately threw it down the disposal! Not only did it smell like barf, It looked that way too. My kids thought so too! It took all day to get rid of the smell in my kitchen. I probably shouldn't have put it down the disposal but rather dumped it down the toilet. YUCK! I'm confused though, there is a recipe for oatmeal cookies that someone said they used keto oatmeal in, I'm wondering if it was different than the instant junk I bought, like just oats or something. I'm afraid to buy the other stuff. Oh...and...actually the other thing not to buy is those donut mixes in the Atkins magazine. I took one bite and spit each of the two kinds out, I bought 3 kinds, tried two (the 2nd one I made my daughter make cuz I didn't want to even deal with it- but she wanted me to try one cuz SHE made it so I did, against my better judgement) and I still haven't had the guts to try the third kind. They're not Atkins brand but they're in his magazine. Can't remember the name of them right now. Anyways, I need to get some shuteye..I haven't been on in soooo long that I sat and read recipes and realized now that it's almost 3 in the morning. I'm going to be dog tired tomorrow, and I'm caffeine free now...bummer! Oh well, maybe a small cup won't hurt. Annie