View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

But Carol, when you add carbs you are also adding water to your body. I don't think you have gained fat. Each gram of carb fuel in your body attracts like 3-4x it's weight in water in the muscles. Remember Atkins is very diuretic for exactly this reason.

I know it's a shock to have gained two lbs. I went through this when I changed from Atkins to BFL nutrition and weight training which is more carbs than SP. I steadily gained about 5 lbs. during the first few weeks and then stayed put for another couple of weeks. After that I began losing lbs. and inches. Also remember that calories do count even though Atkins and SP are not calorie counting plans. When you get to that last 10lbs. or only have a small amount to lose it's important to consider them. It's the only thing that got my last 10 off. I ate around 1200-1300 cals/day. Now I am maintaining at around 1500-1700/day. But I am fairly petite (5'2"). If you are taller you can probably eat more.

Are you exercising? This is very important. Nutrition, weight bearing exercise, and cardio all work together for optimal results. I'm not saying to over exercise, but we do need to utilize the fuel we put into our bodies. It's sort of crazy having to devise all kinds of way to use our fuel (exercise) when just plain old life did the trick in our not too distant history. LOL!