View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 22:28

Plan: don't know yet
Stats: 208/195/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Alzheimer's or not?

Hi everyone! Just discovered this forum and am ready to put on another push towards a gorgeous bod!

Had to comment on this memory thing... I've had a really bizarrely poor memory all my life. I recently realized that a good part of my poor memory is really not a memory problem at all... its a matter of having a mind so busy, some things just have to make a detour in my head.

Since this has always been a worry for me, as its caused MAJOR problems in my life... I've done some research on alzheimer's too, and was really glad I did, as its saved me from a great deal of worry.

Here is how you tell the difference between alzheimer's and other memory problems... With alzheimer's, the memory does weird irrational things. For instance, an alzheimer's patient will think that its perfectly okay to put their shoes in the freezer. Its not just forgetting normal things like where you set something down, or dates. In other words, in addition to regular memory loss, there is a disassociation between logical ideas and things.

Jean

Now if you'll excuse me... I need to go construct a stew... beef, potatoes, finely chopped toilet paper, onions, carrots...
Sponsored Links