#24   ^
Old Tue, May-08-18, 13:21

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie
For the black soy beans, 15 minutes in chicken broth(or beef- whatever liquid)in an instant pot makes them nice and soft like pinto or black beans

Thanks Dottie, I haven't tried them from dry yet. Everything I've found is mega-expensive but dont now how it relates to volume of cooked product in the end compared to canned.

On a good note, I just found Amazon has the same cans as Netrition for $2.17, 22¢ a can less and Prime free 2 day shipping! I was just waiting to build an order to meet the $99 free shipping on Netrition before buying more, and now I can have them by the end of the week for a good price!

I tried to make re-fried beans with them, it was good, but certainly not a direct replacement...still better than nothing! I'm going to ry to put them in the food processor. Hand mashing them left a lot of the skin intact and a not so smooth texture. Other non low carbers thought they were OK too.

I used them in my normal chili recipe, and only used half the tomatoes to cut those carbs and it came out fantastic. Remarkable actually.