View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-16, 12:03

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, Lily. After a lifetime of trying various techniques to measure body fat (calipers, scales, etc) I finally found a place locally--a university rec center--that offered Bod Pod measuring for only $35. Next to underwater weighing, the Bod Pod is considered the "gold standard" of accuracy.

Talk about a shock! I'm definitely an x-treme pear-shaped person, and doubtless many years older than you. But I workout and feel very good about how I've maintained muscle strength and general fitness. I'm about 15lbs above my lowest reasonable weight of about 135. Not too bad, and mostly located in my butt and thighs. BMI around 28. Okay so far. I'm working on it.

The stupid Bod Pod kicked out the figure for me of 42% fat. Crickey!! That's almost half of me! It took me days to get undepressed over that number.

I finally talked myself down from the ledge. I made a couple of dietary changes I should have made long since. No more denial! I put on my "goal pants" and zipped them up and wore them to an occasion. Not perfect, but close. I reminded myself that nobody who knows me thinks of me as a fat person (or cares if I were) and neither should I. I'm not posting my body fat percentage on my forehead.

So...before you get to stewing about body fat, keep your primary goal of health and well being in mind, and enjoy your life. That's what I plan to do.