Old Thu, Jun-09-11, 19:20
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 136/129/115 Female 61.5"
BF:26%/22%/21.7%
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I started to try it, but I ended up with some really bad diarrhea. I'm not 100% positive it was the metabosol, there were a number of other things that could have caused it. I'll retry again in a bit.

I had a couple of days with the same problem and blamed all the whey protein you have to eat with the 6 Week Cure. But my body adapted, and things are now humming along perfectly. I'm currently 1.5 pounds below my previous stall point after 10 days on 6WC/Metabosol.

You know, with all the controversy on the paleo blogs about esoterica like "safe starches," "food reward," and now Chris Kresser is warning us about the dangers of coconut oil, it's too tempting to write off the Eades's hardcore very low carb diet plan as old school. I'm now on my second go round with 6WC after getting distracted by all those other bright shiny things and somehow adopting the delusion that as a 52-year-old post-menopausal woman with years of lowfat dieting and NSAID abuse behind me, I can somehow lose weight while eating 50+g a day of starch--not! And I've learned to never again underestimate Dr. Eades.

Good luck, Nancy, let us know how you do on your second try.