Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 07:18
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoe
Ted, I respect your choice to pay for supplements your insurance would cover.
I'm from the UK so have to pay through the nose in taxes for the NHS to be ripped off by the pharmaceutical companies.

I doubt very much anyone in the NHS negotiates a competitive price for Lovaza hence the need to remind people that it's probably better and more effective to buy your own from USA online discount providers. Even with the postage it works out cheaper than UK high street providers. But we have the same attitude here.
People say "Well I pay my taxes why shouldn't I get everything free on prescription whereever I can? Why should I care if the NHS is being ripped off?"

But the fact is that money is limited and services are cut to fit the budget available.
If you claim for stuff you don't really need then can't get treatment your do actually require whose fault is that?
Just because other people rip off the system is that any reason for you to do the same?

Lovaza 1 gram 120 capsule(s) Retail Price $233.99 Discount $179.99

Each 1-gram capsule of LOVAZA contains at least 900 mg of the ethyl esters of omega-3 fatty acids sourced from fish oils. These are predominantly a combination of ethyl esters of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA - approximately 465 mg) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA - approximately 375 mg).
OR
Now Foods, Ultra Omega-3, 500 EPA/250 DHA, 180 Softgels SRP: $39.99 Our price: $25.18 (£15.77