#2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-07, 17:52

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeMee729
So you're saying 111 grams of protein daily for me?
Actually, that is the minimum per day, per PPLP, for your height and current weight. You CAN eat more than that, but I think that the Drs. Eades did not mean you can eat unlimited protein. (If ElleH reads this she can confirm that over eating protein will stall weight loss.) So, like many other things, moderation is significant. As a rough estimate of where the upper limit for protein intake should be, I would expect it to be less than twice the minimum daily intake for an AVERAGE person doing an AVERAGE amount of physical exertion in their daily living. OF COURSE, there will be EXCEPTIONS. The problem, as I understand it, with excess protein is that it converts to glucose something that needs to be strictly restricted. This conversion to glucose is then why too much protein can stall weight loss.

The tables in PPLP or the calculations in PP are meant to cover the average person, but there will be those that need more and those that need less. You have to "work" at finding the right levels of protein and fat, plus supplements that may be needed to meet those needs, that will do what you want, loose, maintain, or maybe even gain. In this day and age, your health is not something that just comes free like the sunshine or rain. You need to educate yourself about what gives you good health - a HARD job because of all the advice that is all about someone making money and nothing about your health, the cholesterol/statin issue is a prime example.

I am quite pleased to see that you are well read, with ONE exception. “Drum roll”; cue PPLP lecture - You need to have Protein Power Lifeplan in your library! The two books are sort of like Yin/Yang in that while different they are the same plan. Just from a different view in each book. Thus you get a fuller view/understanding of the PP/PPLP WOL. I also like to point out that PPLP, being written 5 years later than PP, has newer research behind it and shows that the Drs. Eades will modify the plan as needed consistent with new valid research. If you want to see the bibliography for PPLP, I have linked to it in this forum. Do a search on just this forum and you should find it. If you don’t let me know.

I hope to see participate more in this forum.