#6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 09:55

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNot
I can't find anything to specifically address this, but this board has taught me that much of what I have believed about nutrition is not true.

Please note that a lot of what you read on this board is not true either. Especially if you listen/read what I write Take everything with a grain of salt and use your own experience as a guide to find what you consider a truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNot
...I didn't plan it at first and I'm not really "counting calories' but it's been easy because I'm just not very hungry. Now, is this considered "Intermittent Fasting" or is it more than that?...

In my view it depends. My current thinking is that intermittent fasting is more about timing of eating rather than how many calories. That kind of follows the definition of the phrase. If your 800 calories during the course of 24h were spread out eating 200 calories every 6 hours that wouldn't be IF the way I understand it. My random line is 12h for what I consider IF, most everyone does that if they don't eat after a standard dinner time of 6PM or so and sleeps a regular schedule.

I'd say let your appetite and how you feel be your guide for now. Pay attention. Loosing muscle fasting once and a while, doesn't seem to be happening for me but it would be hard to measure what I've lost via fasting to what I've gained being more active as I am lighter.

If someone knows how to measure that outside of a lab, please let me know! So for me, I don't go by others stories, myths and urban legends, I go by what I see in the mirror, my performance and where my "gut feeling" leads me, this could certainly be the wrong way to go about it tho.

Stories are helpful to Motivate and also Scare people. They are like knives; you can use them in the kitchen or on the killing field.

You are doing fine