Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 12:05
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
I love coming over here and reading the wise words of the long time maintainers. There is no whining negativity here, just an acceptance that losing weight and keeping it off isn't easy and you just gotta suck it up and do what it takes if that's the result you want. It saddens, and to be honest frustrates me a bit, to read posts elsewhere from people who are obviously setting themselves up to fail. I guess that was a little rant because I feel better now.

Quote:
Yes, reading posts elsewhere can be very frustrating, knowing what we now know. No matter what I've tried to say to many of them, its offends many and goes on deaf ears. So rant away! We get it!

Rant away. It IS frustrating. It offends. It falls on deaf ears. We maintainers are being Debbie-downers. We're being mean. We're not supportive. It's so hard. You guys are special and don't know what it's like....blah, blah, blah....

We've gotten over the negativity and mostly the whining because the only way we're going to keep it off is to keep it REAL. Welcome to real life.

It makes me laugh and chuckle a bit those who were soooo resistive in listening and learning, who finally for what ever reason it clicked for them and now they are the ones offering the maintenance advice--in a way it makes me feel good that even though we were frustrated, we kept the message loud and clear and the individuals FINALLY "got it".

Hopefully some will catch on early in the game so they don't become repeat offenders.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa