View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: custom/Atkins
Stats: 152/145/138
BF:
Progress: 50%

I am up for any get togethers in the LA County area. I tried one once with some folks in the LA/O.C. area, but we were too far apart to make a habit of it. I am in Van Nuys and have been lc for about a year and half. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I have been on a stall for a long time.

MsVrcaSlt-
As far as lc foods go, you just have to jump in and start trying stuff. There seem to be a lot of sales all the time on-line and off, plus a lot of the stores offer samples along with min. orders.

Jeffiner-
Did they provide samples to taste at Greenbeanz's Atkins presentation? Or do you get stuff in a bag to take with you? I looked at the page, and it is not a cheap class.

I'm having really good success with weight training. I started it abuot 6 weeks ago to try to break this stall. 3 days a week and then three days of cardio. It has been really great for my shape, and you get the added bonus of raising your base metabolism, so that you burn more calories even when you are at rest, naturally. So far I don't think I have lost much weight, but I look much slimmer, due just to being trim.

So lets hook up! I have free time in the next two weeks, does anyone want to meet for lunch somewhere? There is a sandwich shop in Van Nuys that has low carb grocery products, and I think they serve low carb bread sandwiches too. It is called Humphrey Yogurt's on Van Nuys Blvd...

Any takers?