Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Hi All!
Hiya, Jams!
Quote:
Today's agenda: Going to refill propane tanks (always keep an extra, so we never run out! Steaks Forevah! BUT, our second tank, tried to connect it last night when #1 ran out, is missing a thread on the neck-makes a strange hissing sound... NOT good! SO, returning deffective for a replacement. Last night, had to finish lamb chops inside in cast iron pan- whew! SMOKEY!) Not sure what else we'll do... probably play board games, read about the Greek Gods and go down to the pool, if the sun comes out later. Also, painting toesies!!!
Sounds like you had a lot planned for your Thursday!

Bummer to run out of propane for your grill! I have a natural gas "gizmo thingy" (yeah that's a technical word for sure! HA!) on my patio if I ever decide to buy a grill I can hook up to. Sure takes the worry out of no gas for the grill!
Quote:
We leave in a week for Alaska (big family wedding) - should be fun! Gonna pack a bunch of cans of tuna and sardines. Not sure what else I can take all the way up to Alaska??? Suggestions? We will have a vehicle, and we are staying at a house (like 12 people shaing a big old house)- but you know how these big events are- your time is not always your own. I suppose I could go through a drive thru and get the emergency burger on lettuce...It's great that teh true NEED for food s so much less on this WOL. I always prefer to make my own food...however, the big picture plan for meals is very unclear at this point. But I know one thing- I will go hungry before I will eat carbs, so I'm all good!
Wow sounds like you have an AWESOME plan to stay OP for your wedding trip to Alaska!

To me that's where a lot of people come up short, they don't have contingency plans for what they will actually eat when they are out of their element.

IMHO, the only way we are truly successful is when push comes to shove, we don't surrender and eat what we KNOW is truly unhealthy for us and our LC WOE!

I hope you get a better idea about what meals will be available on your trip before you head out... the more prepared you are, the better off you'll be, IMHO!

Way to stay Warrior Strong by refusing to eat if those toxic carbs are the only edibles available!

WTG! You've GOT THIS!