View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-12, 22:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/246/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Yes I think I am a turtle on purpose. I stumbled onto this way of eating last fall after watching "Fathead". He had such a laid back way of eating, not that I do the fast food at all. But diets don't work for me because of the cravings. This is the first time I have never had cravings and it's pretty wonderful. My scale goes to 300 so I was at least that. I quit weighing myself, it makes me crazy to check daily or even weekly. But at the doctors I am at 246. And that's 54 pounds. It was slow and a permanent change of eating. I decided I had to do something even it was slow, and end up loosing. I don't know if it will continue, I hope it does. I haven't changed much, I love my 1 diet coke a day, I do have some carbs every once in a while like lc tortillas, or even one slice of pizza crust, or a dessert. But then I go right back on induction and add foods. It's working for me sort of effortlessly. I don't really miss the carby food like potatoes. I know if I go on a strict diet I will just go crazy and go off of it. I could have gone on WW and lost a ton of weight and been in a better swimsuit by now but it wouldn't have lasted as long as this has.

For my money, slow and steady wins the race.