View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-16, 10:02

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

jakz1269-

meme- i also worry about how far removed people are now to how the food is made. let's look at the chocolate chip cookies grandma baked and went stale i days, compared to the shelf life of an oreo

mprufrock- i teach exercise science in a very liberal university, so i have loads of "pastatarian" students. From personal experience, i was vegetarian for 14 years and when i started eating fish, chicken and turkey- i got sick less often and made bigger gains from strength training. I was not overweight as a veg, but i have always payed close attention to eating healthfully, so it was loads of vegetables and fruits, beans and hummus, fat free dairy, and some popcorn/nutrigrain bars/ canned vegetable soup/and some veggy burgers/ bran cereal and subway veggy subs.....so basically very few calories for a very active high school/ college girl.
My hair, nails and skin are also healthier!

years after college, my old boyfriend from school told me when he used to have "guy's night" the reason he always was home by 10 (we had apartments in the same building, so we essentially lived together) was because he was almost always just going to get a pizza! He was starving and didn;t want to hurt my feelings