View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-16, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:

I agree about the propagandizing. There have been sensational documentaries about the meat industry, and eating meat has also been associated with "loving animals." And reinforced by labeling, processed foods, and doses of sugar to make weird, vegan-ish foods more palatable.

But I still believe (contrary to reams of vegan counter-proofs) that it's instinctual to eat meat (though not a necessity). It seems so strange that so many people are overriding their natural instincts or desires for meat and settle for much less nutritious fare.

I was shocked to find out recently that two family members, both middle-aged (and always on the thin/wiry side, with perhaps a bit of weight gain as they've gotten older) are now devoted to eating vegan diets with encouragement from their doctors. Their cholesterol and blood pressure have always been high, and they're encouraged to stay vegan now because it's helping their "numbers" improve. They're totally committed to it and it seems worrisome to me, but somehow I seem like the one who's freakish because I'm "paleo" (my own code word for LC) and eat plenty of meat (with fat on it)!