View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-15, 14:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Baal. What kinds of things do you do on the weekends? Are you busy shuttling kids around to sports and such? Do you watch sports all day? Sit in front of the computer?

My tricks for resisting the non-hunger-related snack urge:
- Laziness. I don't keep any snacks around that are too easy. If I really do want a small meal, I'd have to dirty several dishes and spend a little time. I'd have to be hungry enough to do it, and that's rare.
- Being a bit of a kitchen 'neat freak.' I clean the kitchen after cooking dinner, and that's it. The kitchen is tiny and I have no dishwasher, so there's nowhere to stash dirty dishes. I guess it's a little psychological reinforcement that I don't need anything after dinner. Again, if I was genuinely hungry, I'd just go ahead and have something, but I do hate coming downstairs in the morning to dirty dishes.
- Brushing my teeth.
- Coffee, tea and SF hot cocoa (not the pre-packaged stuff) are freebies and always will be.
- One of my other 'neat freak' rules was no food or drinks near the computer ever, but I've kinda broken that one. That helped.\
- Take up a hobby with your hands. I've learned knitting. Cut back on movies and TV in favour of reading, where you're less inclined to nosh on food the entire time. TV was very strongly linked to overeating for me when I was young; I gave it up and I don't regret it.