View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 07:43

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I think you need to step back and look at which way of eating is healiest for you. You cannot have two masters to serve.

re rice cakes-- that is carb addiction. Bananas can lead you astray , too depending on your reaction to them.

CCLL is based solely on srb counts. ANd fats are part of this appetite control and provides energy ( rather than carbs).

My suggestion is pick one way. My bias is that the evidence is overwhelming that high fat is healthier than carbs on MANY MANY MANY levels: heart health, control appetite, endurance in sports, tastier foods, normalizes blood pressure, normalizes cholesterol, hence my view that low carb, high fat is a better choice.

Maybe you dont have enough low carb choices to fill in for the standard carb foods you like???

I was a star baker at one time--- I have up baking bread cold turkey when I realized it was killing me. And I gave up baking too. Brownies batter from a box is my down fall. Better to never let that enter my house. Then found online recipes here on this forum. THen picked up two used cook books by Dana Carpenter, and got my kids into cooking LC sweets. ANd now have lots of UTUBE videos on cooking and baking. My kids made LC chocolate donuts yesterday and loved them.

Im sorry to keep harping on this but you will do better to follow one way of eating. I think that will help reduce your stress.

ANd honestly I dont count carbs, the scale tells me if what I am doing is a weight gain, a weight loss, or a maintain. What I do is record everything I can remember I ate meal by meal in my journal as a reference. I learned if I eat lots of cheese which I love, that can cause gain; and a handful of nuts leads to a whole bag, better to never ever eat nuts unless part of a green salad, like pecans , or sunflower seeds in a stir fry.

I do know the carb count of everything I eat. I made a point of memorizing all the foods I eat. And eating low carb is easy for carb counting because, meat is zero, fat is zero , and just add your vegetables.

Maybe that would be easiest for you too. Meat about the size of your palm, some fats, to cook the meat, and with your veg. 3 cups leafy greens a day, then add 1 cup of low carb veg from the list. And keep adding another 1/2 - 1 cup of vegies. Do you think this would work for you?

( PS. Sometimes I get tired of leafy greens, and just saute in butter instead, lol)

I know you will find a way that will work for you!