View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-17, 12:16

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default Wired to Eat: Robb Wolf (pre-order)

The full title is a hefty: Wired to Eat: Turn Off Cravings, Rewire Your Appetite for Weight Loss, and Determine the Foods That Work for You and it will be released March 21, 2017.

Quote:
Do you struggle to lose weight and get healthy? Are you playing the blame-game and berating yourself for "cheating" on your diet? This struggle should come as no surprise, as we are genetically wired to eat more and move less, the exact opposite of the advice we are often given. Now there is a more customized weight loss solution that works with your body, a solution based not on arbitrary restriction of foods but on what works for YOU. Developed by former research biochemist, health expert, and bestselling author Robb Wolf, Wired to Eat offers an eating program, based on groundbreaking research, that will rewire your appetite for weight loss and help you finally determine the optimal foods for your diet and metabolism.

Here's his blog post with the announcement.

Quote:
Wired to Eat is my attempt to explain this story in a way that defuses the guilt and morality around changing our eating and lifestyle habits. I talk about the neuroregulation of appetite and how hyperpalatable foods cause us to eat more than we otherwise would. I cover some of the latest research surrounding the gut microbiome, ketogenic diets/fasting, and how depending on certain life events some of us are better suited to higher or lower carb diets.

This is a pretty big (long!) book and I bring in sleep/photoperiod, movement (exercise), and community in addition to nutrition to establish what I call the Four Pillars of Health. I look not only at how these topics affect the neuroregulation of appetite, but also our overall, happiness and wellbeing.

By using the word "hyperpalatable" Robb Wolf does not annoy me the way Stephen Guyenet does because he uses the word in a neurological way, as discussed in this podcast (and if you go there you can read a transcript instead.)

Quote:
This week on the podcast we have the incredibly interesting Mark Schatzker, author of Steak, and The Dorito Effect. We talk about the hyperpalatability of foods, neuroregulation of appetite, and how food engineering and flavoring has changed what we eat and how it all affects us.

Mark Schatzker writes about how processed food companies pour millions of dollars into scientists figuring out how we are helpless to moderate our intake of junk food.

Robb Wolf is an good guy who puts lots of helpful information out there and his podcasts are often interesting: even if some of them tend to be about "I am young and fit and wish to be as buffed as a comic-book superhero."

I just skip those
Sponsored Links