View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-17, 17:01

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
The most interesting group went missing. If they’d included a third group with carbs at 100, protein at 80 and allowed the balance to come from natural fat, I think that would have been very interesting.

The least interesting group also went missing--the group with carbs about 80 grams lower than this. Least interesting in the sense of no surprises.

Quote:
The first ever diet trial to 100% resolution of prediabetes with diet is neither low fat nor low carb. It’s high protein.

Resolution? Can they go back to eating the way they were eating before? No? Then remission. And we've seen remission of type II diabetes lots of times, I'd be a little surprised if type II could go into remission, but prediabetes couldn't. It's interesting that just switching a bit of protein and carbs had this effect. And it would likely improve things for a type II diabetic as well, but I think there's too much left on the table here.

I like her conjecture that the higher protein might have somehow increased activity levels vs. higher carbs, sometimes people treat it like it's a simple matter of eating more protein than you burn. Heard that sort of thing before.