View Single Post
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 21:38
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Well in total I guess I've lost about 140 lbs (from over 500), officially once I got a scale I was 482 so that's about 112 lbs. I had actually lost to 395 as of 1/1/07, and semi-stayed there, with a little gain, throughout 2007, and just finally began moving down a little (I wasn't LC much of the year) again recently. So I guess "technically" I've been 100lbs down for a year now (even if some of that was a bit less than that, but re-lost).

It's really quite amazing, the diff between weighing 370 and 500. In one, you can't walk well, you can't stand well, and even stepping up on a curb requires herculean effort, resting after, and is potentially embarrassing. In the other, you can do most any 'basic' thing -- walking, very short flights of stairs, standing long enough to clean and cook, fitting (even if barely) into at least some chairs in public finally, being able to do some basic "life" things (like say, go to a sporting event) without drama, fear or overwhelm.

I hope to lose a great deal more weight in 2007, but my primary goal is just to better adapt to lowcarb as a permanent lifestyle, and "increase" exercise, water, supplements, and my "fluency, speed and facility" at cooking LC for both me and the kid.