View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 15:19

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Started watching the day 1 link that Grav posted. It's like 5+ hours of video so will definitely take some time to get thru.

I've watched the first three speakers' presentations. Definitely don't agree with all the "details" any of them presented but I do agree with the overarching goal of the conference which was to bring people with differing views together to talk calmly and rationally about nutrition and try to figure out what they do agree about (based on scientific evidence) and what they can at least agree needs further scientific research before any sort of definitive statements can be made.

Obviously, if I expect those who disagree with me to own up to their biases (i.e., ADMIT that they are biases and not "absolute truths") then I need to be willing to do the same thing. Of course, it is really hard to SEE one's own biases!

The individual talks were interesting. I was encouraged to see that even a speaker who clearly was all for a more plant-based diet was willing to admit that low-carb-high-fat was good for diabetics.... at least in the short term. She still had her doubts about the safety and efficacy of LCHF for long term but, what the hey, accepting the results of now uncounted experiments that show LCHF benefits diabetics is at least a step in the right direction.

I'm hopeful that the panel discussions will continue in the same rational vein.