View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-11, 16:24

Plan: Self-researched
Stats: 315/240/225 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

I think that's a really a good idea, although unfortunately I'm from northwestern NJ so not quite the same neck of the woods.

What I'm finding is that it's very difficult to talk to people about this. A lot of people I know will see remarkable progress and want to know what I'm doing, but once I tell them what I'm actually eating, somehow it turns into lecturing me about the evils of eating fat! Yet I'm the one who is actually getting very fit!

It seems like too many people who are not consciously practicing a carbohydrate-restricted way of eating, even if they are aware of the dangers of a high glycemic load, are filled with mainstream establishment assumptions about nutrition to the point where it becomes impossible to have a meaningful discussion. I know people mean well, but I think only other people who are doing the same thing can appreciate how the mainstream cliches like calorie counting, energy density, the calorie content of macronutrients, etc. are not exactly a news flash to people doing what we are doing, and likely the reason we ended up here is because none of that worked in the first place!