#8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 05:12
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Hello Jende, and Mattia

I'm not worrying too much about calories yet...I1m mindful of them, and have been using FitDay. The past week or so I have had anywhere between 1600-2100, and I'm not sure if that's too low (we're supposed to eat an extra 500, right? ) I did gain about 20lbs with my first baby, during the first year postpartum. I just found a study on a search engine that concluded that "Mobilization of tissue reserves is a general, but not obligatory, feature of lactation." That's me, gotta be the exception! Seems like you, too, Jende!

Anyway, I left the hospital at 81kg, and 5 months postpartum found myself at 86, so the gain has started, and I am concerned with stopping it. I've been trying to keep my carbs 30-60, which includes a cup of fresh, raw milk that DH brings home daily. I firmly beleive the Ca in that is the most absorbable form. After tracking my foods, and eating cheese, I see that my average Ca intake is still only 1000mg. I am trying to get 1250-1500 w/o supplements, because the only stuff available here is CaCO4, not very absorbable. Do you guys monitor your Ca and/or protein intake?

We don't have any commercially available LC frankenfoods here, a mixed blessing. My mom mails me Splenda, which is helpful. Otherwise, everything is from fresh and I cook from scratch.

Jende, you also chose a great name, IMHO. Nicholas was on my list this time around, but I didn't like the Hungarian version...Miklaus. So I went very traditional instead I have always felt pretty good bf'ing...it was during pregnancy that I felt most out-of-sorts. I hope you can figure out a way to feel better, and then continue to bf. I bet you feel pretty dragged down with all the kids under 10! Very cool.

I have just restarted lifting free weights, and some moderate cardio. What kind of exercise do you guys do, if any? I have never been able to lose through diet alone.

BTW, I wouldn't mind doing the buddy chat thing, but I'm 6 hours (at least) ahead of you guys, and am usually online when you're fast asleep!
Take care,
Lisa