View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 13:01
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

My BP, while better than it was before, is still kind of all over the place. I get 12x/7x sometimes. I mostly get 13x/8x. But I still have the occasional reading that exceeds 140/90. When it comes up high I check twice (other arm) and usually get a similar reading. My average over the last 99 readings is 132/84. That is not much different than it was 18 months ago when I was still weighing 240+ pounds. I expected that it would improve more than it has.

I have found that caffeine will spike my BP for about an hour. I drink lots of coffee. I've found that I usually get my best readings an hour (or so) after returning from a walk. Beyond that, it is what it is. I have not figure out why it can be higher one day and lower the next when I tend to do the same things day in and day out. My fasting BG is the same way. It floats around from day to day - fluctuating between the upper 70's and low 90's for no apparent reason.

I don't have a history of stroke in my family, so I am not too concerned with my numbers. I am considering cutting back on the coffee, though. I like being off of BP meds. Mine were diuretics and that had me up visiting the bathroom 3 or 4 times each night. I enjoy sleeping through the night.

I hope you find a solution, Dennis. Let us know if you find a good combination of supplements. I may try the potassium thing and see what it does. I'd like to see consistently better numbers, too.