Old Fri, Jun-12-15, 13:53
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Traveling to and working in the UK over several years, I was impressed by the delicious, high-quality yogurt available when I had dinner at friends' houses. There is a difference in full-fat yogurt availability; although, it's starting to change back to what we once had several years ago. There are many dessert yogurts (should be criminal that this garbage is labelled as healthy) on grocery store aisles that it's hard to find the plain full-fat stuff. We're hoping that this is a trend for the better as the fat danger mantra is getting snuffed.

Real cheese and good quality cheeses however, are easy to find and not a problem in my neck of the woods and most other places on the east and west coasts.

Yes there are plenty of dessert yogurts packed with crap, they make up the majority of the yogurt aisle, and even the healthier greek yogurts have many choices with added 'fruit' and honey. Luckily there is a strong real food movement in the middle classes, meaning real greek yogurt has become much more popular, so hopefully the trend to better choices is moving in the right direction here. Almost all of our cheese is real - fake cheese and cheese food type products aren't very popular. We have a good selection of creams and luckily carageenan is banned in Europe.

I suppose getting a better selection across the pond is down to more customer pressure on the stores, letting the store managers and buyers know that there is a market for real food choices.